Wednesday, August 19, 2009

File Storage - MediaFire

Hi everyone,

Wow If only I knew about MediaFire earlier, I can not tell you the amount of times I have experienced the terror of a computer hard drive CRASH! I thought I was cursed with some technology X across my name, but now I cannot wait to upload all those massive files I have stored on my computer and categorise them into neat SAFE folders using the wonderful program MediaFire. Thank you Managing E-Learning this is such a wonderful Web 2 Technology I will definitely be using this from now on.

MediaFire not only allows you to simply upload documents, photos and much more it allows you to share them with anyone, privately or publicly (MediaFire, 2009). If you wish to share something you have uploaded there is the simple option of creating a URL to post in your blog, forums or websites.
I have uploaded one small word document for anyone to have a look at. It is just something small but maybe useful for someone. It contains a few ideas for teaching prep students the letter Qq(one of the most difficult and confusing letters in the alphabet) ideas like creating a quiz show using lots of questions ( they loved this one) and using a variety of pre cut patterned material squares for students to create a patterned quilt.

Have a look at my file: Qq Learning Experience Ideas I hope it is of some help one day!

The advantages this program has for the classroom are not only for the students but for learning managers as well.Learning managers can upload files about classroom work, (e.g. assessment tasks) for students to download both during and after school. It can also allow students to save assessment items or submit items to Media Fire so the problem of computer crashes will be limited.

This is program is wonderful for learning managers as we are constantly trying to collect useful teaching ideas. MediaFire enables users to collaborate with one and other providing learning managers the ability to share a variety of useful resources . A truly wonderful tool. If you are in an EQ school I must note to avoid slow download time due to the bandwidth speed I think it would be best to upload these files at home as I have experienced terribly slow download and upload time within my school (or this may be that technology curse).

I will be recommending this program to many family, friends and colleagues. If you have any useful teaching resources or ideas that you would like to share please I would love to hear about them.

Until next time



References:

MediaFire. (2009). What is MediaFire? Retrieved August 18, 2009, from http://www.mediafire.com/about.php

No comments:

Post a Comment